Vanilla French Toast
- 8 thick slices bread
- 50g (½ stick) salted butter
For the Almond Vanilla Filling:
- 200g almond butter
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tsp Beyond Good Pure Ground Vanilla Powder
- A pinch of fine sea sal
For the Custard:
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 Cup whole milk
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 60ml maple syrup
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the almond filling ingredients together until smooth. Divide the mixture between the slices of bread and spread the butter evenly. Top with the other slice of bread to form a sandwich.
- Place a large skillet pan over medium heat.
- In a shallow dish, combine all the ingredients for the custard and whisk well to combine.
- Dip the filled bread slices into the batter, dredging them well on both sides.
- Melt the butter in the skillet and add the bread slices.
- Cook for a few minutes until one side is golden brown.
- Flip and continue cooking until both sides are golden and cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and serve warm with maple syrup and powdered sugar.