Beyond Good Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups (400g) soft brown sugar
- 2 cups (270g) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup (80g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp Beyond Good Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup strong hot coffee
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 stick salted butter, melted
- 360g (12 oz) Beyond Good Pure Dark 60% Cocoa Melts
- 2 cups whipping cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ tsp Beyond Good Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F .
- Prepare two 10 inch springform or loose-bottomed cake tins by lining the bottom with parchment paper and greasing the sides.
- Combine the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda.
- Whisk the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla, and add to the dry ingredients.
- Combine the coffee, peanut butter and melted butter, and add to the mixture. Mix well until just combined.
- Divide the cake batter between the cake tins and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the cake.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before inverting and allowing to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, place the chocolate in a large bowl.
- Heat the cream and sour cream in a saucepan until almost boiling then pour over the chocolate.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes then whisk until smooth. Whisk in the vanilla and salt. Allow the mixture to cool completely to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Once cool it should be a thick consistency. Whisk it gently to a spreadable consistency - don’t over-whisk.
- Assemble the cake by layering the buttercream and sponge layers alternately.
- Serve drizzled with extra melted dark chocolate, if desired.