Chocolate 'Gingerbread' House
- Slice the chocolate cakes horizontally in 3 layers so you have 6 layers of cake in total.
- Place the chocolate melts in a large bowl.
- Heat the whipped cream, sour cream, vanilla extract, coffee and salt until just before it boils then pour over the chocolate. Allow to stand for 3 minutes before stirring until smooth. Refrigerate for 10 minutes then allow to set at room temperature.
- Whip the frosting with a hand beater until light and fluffy - don't overbeat.
- To assemble the cake, place a cake layer on a serving board then spread with the chocolate mascarpone frosting. Top with another cake layer and continue until you have 5 layers.
- Cut the remaining cake layer in half and then cut one piece in half again and lay them on top of each to form the triangular roof.
- Cover the entire cake in the leftover chocolate frosting.
- Arrange the Savoiardi biscuits on top and pipe extra frosting along the top of the roof, if desired. Dust with cocoa powder and serve.