- 100 grams (7 tablespoons) cold water (1)
- 18 grams (6 teaspoons 2 packets) powdered gelatin
- 100 grams (5 tablespoons) glucose or corn syrup (1)
- 2 grams (½ teaspoon) Beyond Good Madagascar Pure Ground Vanilla
- 75 grams (5 tablespoons) water (2)
- 250 grams (1 ¼ cup) granulated sugar
- 80 grams (4 tablespoons) glucose or corn syrup (2)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Corn starch
Marshmallows are generally pretty good. They’re fun to chew, they’re a required ingredient of the all time best dessert you can make while camping, and some don’t consider a hot cocoa or drinking chocolate complete without some floating in the center.
What makes a marshmallow incredible, is when it’s made with Single Origin Madagascar Pure Ground Vanilla and custom cut to your preferred size. We apologize, but from the day you make this recipe, every Jet Puffed you eat moving forward will taste dusty and hollow, and you will yearn instead for the delicious, chewy goodness of your very own homemade marshmallows.
- Place the first measurement of water (1) in the bowl of a stand mixer, and slowly sprinkle the gelatin over the water in order to hydrate. Add the first measurement of glucose or corn syrup (1) to the bowl and set aside. Add the ground vanilla powder.
- Combine the second measurement of water (2), sugar, and the second measurement of glucose or corn syrup (2) in a small saucepan and gently cook over medium heat to a temperature of 230°F and then remove from heat. The mixture will be boiling.
- Pour the sugar syrup into the mixer bowl, and then fitted with the whip attachment, begin whipping on medium-high speed.
- Continue to whip the mixture until light and fluffy, and until the mixture is still slightly warmer than room temperature (likely 6-8 minutes).
- Pour the mixture into a ¼ sheet pan lined with plastic wrap and lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, leveling as needed with an offset spatula.
- Allow to set at room temperature over night before cutting.
- When fully set, cut the marshmallow into desired size and shape; toss the pieces in a mixture of equal parts confectioner’s sugar and corn starch. Store in a sealed container at room temperature for about a week.