Lenny the Lemur Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie
- 90 grams (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 100 grams (½ cup) granulated sugar
- 100 grams (½ cup) brown sugar
- 180 grams (1 cup) peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 5 grams (1 teaspoon) Beyond Good Madagascar Pure Vanilla Extract
- 150 grams (1 ½ cups) all-purpose flour
- 4 grams (¾ teaspoon) baking soda
- 2 grams (½ teaspoon) baking powder
- 2 grams (¼ teaspoon) fine sea salt
- 24 pieces Beyond Good Pure Dark 70% chocolate Melts
Peanut butter and chocolate – a classic sweet and salty combination. In this recipe, you’ll start by baking a peanut butter cookie, a simple yet delicious recipe that can be made by bakers of all skill levels. After baking, you’ll top each cookie with a fruity, sweet Pure Dark 70% Dark Chocolate Melt.
- Pre-heat an oven to 350°F.
- Combine the butter, sugars, and peanut butter in the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat the mixture until light and fluffy. Slowly add the egg and vanilla extract, scraping bowl after each addition. Mixing by hand or using a hand electric mixer would also work just fine!
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, mixing on low speed just until combined.
- Divide dough into 24 pieces (roughly 25 grams each), roll into balls and then roll into some of the additional sugar.
- Arrange the cookies on parchment-lined baking sheets, evenly spaced and gently press each to flatten slightly.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until beginning to brown at the edges, and remove from the oven. While still warm (5-10 minutes after they leave the oven), gently press a chocolate melt into each cookie and allow to cool completely.