Spiced Pecan Pumpkin Pie
- ⅓ cup (80ml) whole milk
- ⅓ cup (80ml) heavy whipping cream
- 6 large eggs, divided
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup (80ml) granulated cane sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp Beyond Good Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract
9-inch ready-made pie crust
- 1 cup (100g) whole pecan nuts
- ½ cup (100g) brown cane sugar
- ½ tsp fine salt
- ½ cup (125g) maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (30g) salted butter, melted
- 1 tsp Beyond Good Madagascar Pure Ground Vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 320°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the milk, cream, 3 eggs, pumpkin puree, sugar, spices and vanilla.
- Pour the puree mix into the ready-baked pie crust and bake immediately for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 350°F.
- Arrange the whole pecans on top in concentric circles.
- Combine brown sugar, salt, maple syrup, melted butter and the remaining 3 eggs and pour over the arranged pecans while the pie is still warm.
- Bake immediately for 20 minutes or until the filling is completely set.
- Remove from the oven and serve at room temperature with a dollop of double thick cream and a pinch of ground vanilla powder.