Brown Butter Chocolate Hazelnut Shortbread
- 2 sticks (230g) salted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tsp Beyond Good Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, plus extra for rolling
- 1 3/4 cups (220g) all-purpose flour
- 2 Beyond Good Uganda Hazelnut Chocolate Bars
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add 1 stick of butter.
- Cook until the butter begins to brown and it smells nutty, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Place the bowl in the freezer to chill for 10-15 minutes, but no longer.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the remaining stick of butter, the cooled browned butter, vanilla and brown sugar until creamy. Add the flour and mix until fully combined.
- Roughly chop the chocolate bars into chunks and add to the cookie dough. Mix in carefully.
- Place the dough on a large piece of wax paper or plastic wrap.
- Use your hands to shape it into a log approximately 12 inches long and 2 inches in diameter. Wrap the dough tightly in the wax paper and refrigerate for 2 hours or up to 5 days.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unwrap the dough and place it on a cutting board.
- Roll the dough in coarse sugar to coat.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the log into 1/2-inch slices.
- Arrange the slices on the prepared baking sheet and bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet.